background: I have a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wifi+bluetooth card. However, only the wifi function correctly on linux mint system. Mint system can’t detect the bluetooth part. So I did some research and luckly the bluetooth part get fixed. Here is how I did it.
note: this article isn’t a good tutorial, it just shows how I fixed my intel 8260. Make sure you understand what these steps means before following them
- Download Intel official driver from Intel website
- Install Intel official driver
- unzip their tgz file, read the README in it.
- backup you /lib/firmware/ folder (safety first)
- open terminal, get into the unzipped file, copy ucode file into /lib/firmware
- sudo -i cp iwlwifi-8000C-13.ucode /lib/firmware
- If the first two steps didn’t seem like solve your problem (they didn’t solve my problem), do the following steps as well.
- Check missing firmware
- check your driver message with the following command:
- dmesg | egrep -i ‘blue|firm’
- If you have firmware file missed (I forgot what exactly messages indicate missing files, but should be obvious. If you are not sure, google the error message you have), download the missing file by searching on github (in my case, I was missing iwlwifi-8000C-(22/23/24/25/26).ucode, I downloaded them from here and here)
- cross your fingers, test your bluetooth